Create a Hidden Page That Does Not Show on Navigation Bar as Navigation Category
There is often a need to create a Content Page that you do not want listed as a Category in your Navigation Bar. This is considered a Hidden Page.
NOTE: Please understand that there in no way to create a Hidden Page that is guaranteed to be 100% private. The Page, though not listed in your Navigation Bar, hence it is hidden from view, can still be picked up by the search engines.
Some possible reasons for creating a hidden page:
- Perhaps you want to add your CV (Curriculum Vitae) to a separate page and add a link to the CV onto your Bio Page?
- Perhaps you have a need to add a link to a pdf file for a free ebook?
- Perhaps you are a gallery and need to create hidden pages for the artist biographies and link them to each artist's Collection Description?
- Perhaps you have lengthy stories for some of your art? Adding a short excerpt to the comments section and linking to a Hidden Page for the complete article works great.
- Perhaps you want to offer a Free Print to new Newsletter Subscribers?
Create the Page:
- from FASO Control Panel
- Click 'More Categories' (left menu bar)
- Click on 'Pages' (right column)
- Click 'Add New'
- Add Title for the page
*Page Title text will appear in the page url and on page for the website visitor to see
- Add image(s) in the text editing screen (place cursor in text editing screen where you want image to go; click on image gallery icon (mountains & sun icon on far right); follow prompts)
- Add text
- Click 'Add & Save Now'
Link to this Hidden Page
- go to your live website at this url: yourartistdomainname.com/pages (substitute YOUR DOMAIN for yourartistdomainname.com)
- click on the individual Page Title to open the Page
- copy the url from address bar
It will look something like this:
Also see this FAQ:
How to Find the URL of a Page on your FASO site
- go back to FASO control panel
- open editing screen for the page you want to add the link to
- add text, something like 'Click Here for my Info'
- Select, highlight this text
- click the 'Insert/edit Link' icon in small tool bar - looks like a chain link, 4th from the right
- new window pops up
- paste the url into the pop-up box Link url line
- click Insert
- Save Changes