There are 2 options for using your pre-existing domain with your FASO site.
1. Point: Change Nameservers, Keep Your Current Domain Registrar
Pointing your domain means you leave your domain registered with your current registrar (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, Gandi.net, etc) and simply change the DNS (Domain Name Servers / nameservers) to the FASO name servers.
Changing the DNS causes the domain to point to/pull up your FASO website and direct internet traffic to your FASO site.
If you keep your domain registered with your former registrar, you need to continue to pay them the renewal fees.
For the steps to point your domain, click here.
2. Transfer: Switch so FASO is Your Registrar
When you transfer your domain to FASO we become the new registrar. All our current paid plans include one domain, so renewals do not cost anything extra. Many of our members choose to transfer so everything is under one roof, and because we renew domains automatically.
For how to transfer your domain, click here.
All domains must be registered with a domain registrar.
Reasons to Transfer to FASO:
1. You save money since one domain is included in your FASO membership plan.
2. It keeps everything under one umbrella - you don't have to remember to pay your off-site domain registrar for the domain renewal.
3. It simplies your life (okay, that sums up 2. above).
4. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is easier to obtain. Click Here for more info on SSL.
Our world-class customer care team is here for youContact Support