You can create a custom PayPal button for a drop-down list of purchase options. This works great if you're selling prints of different sizes and types, greeting cards, etc.
Set Up your Button in Paypal
From Paypal FAQ:
How do I add a PayPal payment button to my website?
- Log in to your PayPal business account
- Click Pay & Get Paid (upper row)
- Click PayPal Buttons
- Select Buy Now or Add to Cart
DO NOT USE Smart Button OR Sell on Social Media
- Click on Buy Now or Add to Cart button
- For Choose a button type, select Shopping cart from the drop-down
- Under Customize button, check Add drop-down menu with price/option
IMPORTANT: Do not use any special characters, specially ", to indicate inches. Just add numbers! See screenshot below.
- Enter a name for Name of drop-down menu (ex.: "Colors," "Sizes")
- Fill in the info for your options. You can click Add another option if 3 isn't enough.
- Click Save Changes
- Click Create Button
- On Website tab click Select Code
- Copy the code (CTRL/C)
Under Item name add the name of the individual work of art. (This field changes for each button created for each piece of artwork.)
Clicking Customize text or appearance allows you to use a smaller button, change language or user your own button image.
You can add shipping fees to your overall item fee (which is entered above in price).
Skip Step 2, if you do not need PayPal to track inventory.
Step 3 offers more advance features, such as adding special instructions such as 'Email address for jpeg', or to select Yes for your customer's shipping address.
Add the address of your FASO Works page (usually yourdomainname.com/works) in the next two blocks so that once the buyer checks out of PayPal, they are taken back to your website.
Add the Button Code to the Image
After you copy the PayPal code for your button, paste the code to your FASO artwork.
You can first add descriptive text about each image if you want, and a blurb like 'To purchase this image, click on Add to Cart for options.'
- Log into FASO control panel
- Click Artwork icon
- Find your image
- Click on the thumbnail image (left column) or the word edit (right column)
- Scroll down to Description text box area
- click on HTML (top edge of text box)
- Paste your PayPal code (CTRL/V) where you want button to appear
- Click Update
- Click Save Changes
Only Need 2 Choices?
If you only want to add 2 choices (two Add to Cart buttons), make your life easier by using the Unframed and Framed artwork settings.
See this FAQ for full details:
Show Options for Framed or Unframed Art
Simply edit the Price Display Note and Framed Price Display Note in the Show Advanced_Commerce_Settings section like in this example: